1. What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
2. What skills do you use most often in your leadership role?
3. What has been one of your biggest joys as a leader?
Being able to set direction, take risks and make things happen and help my team members develop, grow, and succeed.
4. What's your favourite quote?
5. How do you balance life and work?
6. What would you classify as the most defining leadership behavior?
Good leaders aren’t afraid to make decisions, especially hard ones. They avoid delaying decisions or letting their personal views intervene. They look at things carefully, research well, try and see every angle, and decide and then stick to it. This will directly influence employee behaviour.
7. What’s something everybody in your industry should stop or start doing?
Stop: Ignoring your health, Stop making decisions based on emotions, Stop quitting when it gets difficult. Start: Read something new every day, One Thing at a time, don’t leave things unfinished and Communicate Effectively.
8. What are the most important qualities you look for in a future employee? Why?
Dependability, reliability, accountability, responsibility Why? Employees who take responsibility for their actions, are dependable, arrive on time, do what they say, and don’t let the others in their team down, are highly valued employees.
9. How do you encourage honest, open employee dialogue?
When discussing an employee’s behavior or a decision they made, avoid judging their behavior or the reasoning behind their decision, instead, describe what you observed.